QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505
QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 and H505 are one of the most common errors in QuickBooks. These are also called networking errors and these mostly occur when you try to open the files which are not presented on your computer and are presented on another computer.
Why does QuickBooks error H101, H202, H303 or H505 occur in your PC:
These QuickBooks errors are further divided into two parts Error H202 and Error H101, H303, or H505
Whenever you try to open a company file which is placed on another computer and is not available on your computer at that time you may get this error on your screen. Reason for this error is that Quickbooks is not able to reach that computers server.
This error may also come on your screen when the QuickBooks on your computer is not able to get connected with the server .
Error H101, H303, or H505
You are trying to work on QuickBooks files which are located on another computer and is asking for some extra installations or setups which are required to open the files.
Why does this error occured in QuickBooks
When the company Desktop is trying to get connected to the company files but it is not able to get connected with the server of the files. There are so many issues which can be the reason for these errors in QuickBooks:
- Hosting configuration setting is not correct
- When the QuickBooks firewall has blocked the access of company files or the firewall has blocked the incoming and outgoing connections
- When the Network Data (.ND) files are damaged or incorrect.
- Host computers IP address is not found
- DNS server setting incorrect
- QuickBooksDBXX service is not working
How to fix QuickBooks Error code H101, H202, H303, or H505
To fix QuickBooks error H101, H202, H303, or H505 you need to follow one of the given solution:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
This is the first and the easiest way to fix these errors on the QuickBooks. Follow the given steps to fix these error codes in QuickBooks:
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor and Install the tool in your computer.
You can download QuickBooks File Doctor by clicking here
- Double click the tool to run the file
- Once its open you can now browse the file which was showing the error.
- Now you need to click on “Diagnose”
- It will ask for Username and password. Fill in the required information.
- You need to select server or workstation from the given option. Please do select it carefully.
Now wait for some time untill the tool finishes its work.
Solution 2: Hosting and Services Verification
- Choose File > Utilities on each workstation, do not select the hosting or server computer.
- If the list shows Host Multi-User Access, means this computer is not hosting the files you can move on to the other computer.
- If the list shows Stop Hosting Multi-User Access than select that option
- Repeat this on every computer. If you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access than select that option.
Note: If you saw Stop Hosting Multi-User Access than leave it as it is and do not change that.
Solution 3: Uninstall AVG Anti-Virus
If you are using Windows 8 and have installed AVG Anti-Virus in it than you need to uninstall the AVG Anti-Virus.
- Go to the control panel of your computer
- Select the Programs > Programs and Features
- Right click AVG from the programs list and click on Uninstall.
Note: AVG and Windows 8 had a conflict in 2013. The conflict was isolated to AVG and if you are using Windows 8 and AVG than you will receive H202 error in QuickBooks. So, uninstall the AVG Anti-Virus and and Enable Windows Defender which comes in Windows 8.
Solution 4: Add the Server to the Windows host file
You may need to edit the Windows host file to fix the H202 error in QuickBooks.
- Find the IP address of the workstation and server.
- Edit the host files.
Note: If you don’t know how to edit the host file than you can contact our Experts team on 1-818-922-8444
- Save new host files.
Solution 5: Create new Folder for your Company Files
- On the hosting computer of all your QuickBooks company Files create a new Folder.
- Copy all the .qbw files in that folder.
- Now you can open the company files in multi-user mode again.
We hope now you are not getting any of the Error H101, H202, H303, or H505 in QuickBooks.
If you are still facing any error than you can contact our QuickBooks Experts team through the Toll-Free 1-818-922-8444