QuickBooks company file damage (lost or blank list) and networking errors are the most common errors in QuickBooks. So to fix these issues Intuit (maker of QuickBooks) created a tool in the year 2012 by the name QuickBooks File Doctor. The tool is really good and helps the user to fix the issue with the company files. Whether user is unable to find the list in the company files or may be facing a H series error which are basically networking errors.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks File Doctor is simply a tool which is used to fix certain type of corruption errors with the QB data files and network configuration errors as well.
Note: This tool is only compatible with Windows vista, Windows 7 and all versions of Windows above Windows 7.
It doesn’t work on Mac computers.
QuickBooks File Doctor can help you if:
This tool is really helpful for the users who face errors such as:
- You are not able to open up your company files and getting error messages: 6000 82, 6000 305, 6000 301, 6150, 6147, or 6130.
- Getting an H series error such as: H101, H202, H303, or H505 (these are networking errors which appear when using multi-user mode)
- Your lists are missing or appear blank (like customers list, employees list or vendors list )
- Company file is severely damaged or the file is not opening.
How To Use QuickBooks File Doctor?
To repair your files with the help of QBFD you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first Download the QuickBooks File Doctor.
Click “Here” to download the file.
- An .exe file will be downloaded once you click on the link given above. Run that file and follow all the positive options.
- Now open the tool and browse the files which you need to repair.
- After selecting the file click on “Diagnose File” button.
- You need to type your username and password in the given tab.
- Once you put all the information click “OK” and wait for few minutes.
- It will give two options now (a) Workstation (b) Server. You need to select one according to the files, whether they are present on the system or on the server.
- The tool has started its work now you just need to wait untill the tool finishes its work.
Note: File size should not be larger than 2GB.
If You Are Getting These Messages:
QuickBooks File Doctor taking a long time
QuickBooks File Doctor crashes
QuickBooks File Doctor won’t open
QuickBooks File Doctor cannot repair
Then Download the latest version of QuickBooks File Doctor from Here.
Note: Before downloading the new version, Uninstall the older version first.
There are three possibilities. One of these will pop-up on the screen:
- QBFD didn’t find any problem
- QBFD did find a problem and is able to fix it.
- QBFD did find a problem and is not able to fix it.
If you got one of the first two options than its good but if you got the third result in that case you need to take the help of QuickBooks expert and for that you can call on 1-818-922-8444