QuickBooks has made it easier to send out Invoices on regular basis. You can use recurring invoices even if some of your bill details may change. Quickbooks will save all the standard items as templates and allows you to insert the input for remaining items.
When a recurring invoice is memorized, QuickBooks automatically adds it into the ledger at your chosen intervals and email a copy to the customer. This can save your valuable time and most importantly you get paid faster.
Steps to Setup Automatic Recurring Invoices
Create a Recurring Invoice
1. Click on the Gear Icon > Recurring Transactions > New.
2. For transaction type, Choose invoice and Click OK.
3. For Type, select Scheduled.
4. Select Automatically send E-mails.
5. Select Save Template after completing the form.
6. Repeat the above steps for each customer whom you want to send Invoices.
CC yourself Automatically
Allow QuickBooks to automatically email you a copy of all sent invoices.
1. Click on the Gear Icon and Choose Company settings.
2. Click on the Sales icon > Messages > Email me a Copy.
How to confirm that the Invoices were created
1. Check your Inbox
As earlier you have added yourself in “cc“, You should have received a copy of every Invoice you have sent.
2. View an automatic transactions report grouped by customer
- Select Reports from the left navigation bar.
- Click on Go to report field and select Recent Automatic Transactions.
- After that, Click Customize.
- From the left column, Click Rows/Columns.
- Choose Customer for Group By.
- Click Run Report.
- Click Save Customization to save the reports for future use.
- You can also print the report or export the report to Excel.
3. View the customer page and invoice
- From the left navigation bar, Select Customers.
- Click the customer with the recurring invoice. You’ll see “Open” in the Status column.
- You will see the Last Delivery Timestamp on clicking the Invoice.
Tip: You can also learn how to create recurring credit card payments in QuickBooks.
Hopefully, this will help you in scheduling recurring invoices. It is going to save your useful time and also make your work hassle-free. If you want any support on this topic, You can call us on our Toll-Free number ++1-818-922-8444.